Saturday, March 1, 2008

Attachment

I see you - that's a Hindi movie which I would never watch given a choice... i.e. if I'm in India. Can you believe it I'm watching that now in Paris (2M Monde)!! In a place far from home, anything that reminds of home becomes bearable... as much to the extent that it turns interesting!!! (FYI, I prefer reading newspaper to watching television. The only things I watch on TV ,if anything , are music channels, finance news or technology review magazines. But here even English newspapers are exotic commodities.) What else can I do? In a place where you don't know anybody, where you don't know the language, even venturing out doesn't seem too tempting. After all, how long can you keep visiting the same place? (I visited the tourist places in my last visit. I think I should have kept something for my next visit. But who knew then that I would come here again?)

Which brings me to a very philosophical question - is achievement really as great a virtue as it's made out to be? If one's has achieved everything, what would keep one going?


PS: If you like whacky comedy, do watch Wayne's world and Wayne's World 2 - Mike Myers at his best!

1 comment:

amiga said...

Its nice that finally you have started. It doesn't matter what you have written. all the best

P.S. do write something on finance related issues and your thoughts over it.